10.11.2004

Just checking in

So, the move is finally done. The Missus and I are now fully engaged in home ownership.

I hate moving. This move proved to be no more likeable than any other. We officially started moving on Monday the 4th, when our home was officially vacated by the former owner. The moving process consisted of me making passes by the new house on my way to work, dropping a load off on the way, then spending all night after my workday moving some more. I took Friday off as well.

The goal -- to have nothing but big stuff to move on Saturday, when I would have JLowe's added brawn and the power of Budget Rent-a-Truck with me to assist in the grand diversion of moving. I naively believed that I could get everything done by Sunday, which I could then devote to making sure the old place was cleaned up and to settling into the new place.

Of course, in setting this goal I was not taking into account just how uninclined to move The Missus would feel. As I recently mentioned, she has no stomach for grand projects because they overwhelm, and thereby paralyze, her. This move proved to be no different, and it wasn't until yesterday that The Missus did any of the real grunt work. But she came through in the crunch, and we were out of our old place by 6pm.

Anyway, I'm hopelessly out of touch with current events, so I have nothing to say in terms of commentary at the moment. I'm just happy to be done moving. Now, as I understand it, home ownership is all about spending money on things you never planned on buying. Yesterday it was a rake.

So, off to make more money to spend.

Catch ya later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chis let me know when you want to move. I might be free and I am willing to help. Peace....Jake Adams

11:00 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

No, no, no. The move is done. But thanks for the offer...

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.