7.24.2004

The B.S.

The Bourne Supremacy, that is. More on that in a bit.

I'm on night number 3 of sleep deprivation. Today we got over 100 in PDX, and it's getting to be just miserable. As we speak, I've just ventured into our upper chamber and found that my fans have melted, leaving my wife to pass out on the couch and me to type desperately in the hopes that expending this energy will slowly drain away my life force, and thus the heat within me. The coolest guy in the funeral home is the dead one.

Now, I wasn't always as cranky as I am right now. In fact, earlier today, all was well. Because today was BBQ day. JLowe, feeling magnanimous and all, decided to invite some chums over to throw a steak (or six) on the barbie.

Now, between JLowe and I, we make one complete BBQ chef. He is the master of marinades. I am the grill guy. So, when I arrived at JLowe's, I found that he had our steaks brewing in a sauce that he created this very day, consisting of olive oil, liquid smoke, wochestershire, habanero tabasco, regular tabasco, cayenne pepper, and (if I know his mind) seasoned salt. Very, very tasty. Out of cost concerns, he opted for the New York strip, which is a very good steak, but isn't the greatest. The greatest, you see, is the bone-in rib-eye. Didn't know the cut had so much to do with the flava.

So, I grabbed those steaks and I cooked 'em. Actually, there were the strips for the fellas. The ladies, who don't like steak like we do, got the sirloin that Jeff had scored on sale. I stole a taste of one of them, and the extra fat in the meat really made a difference. But their's weren't as spicy, so it was kindof a wash.

Now, while standing by the grill, I realized (yet again) that it was just too darned hot out. And I silently swore to myself, realizing that this meant another day of sweaty suffering in my bedchamber.

And that thought carried through to the movie hour. You see, my wife had the brilliant idea of seeing a movie tonight, knowing that our home and JLowe's (both sans A/C) would be miserable to sit around in. So, we went to Regal Cinema's Pioneer Place Stadium 6 theater to see, you guessed it, the B.S..

Good flick. Except for one thing. THE A/C DIDN'T WORK THERE, EITHER. I could have stayed home to be that uncomfortable, and saved about $89 in the process.

Not kidding. The movie was $17.50 for The Missus and I. The more expensive part was the shopping. Never, EVER, let your wife go to a movie in a shopping mall. Realizing that the movie was brand new, the ladies sent us up early to buy tickets, opting to pass the time down at The Gap. And my wife discovered many items that had to be bought.

I can't complain too much. First, she limited herself to sales items.

Second, everything she bought was for me. Sometimes my wife decides she hates my clothes. Though her tastes sometimes differ from mine, I can't complain too much about getting an updated wardrobe out of her.

So, after sitting through a sauna that happened to have a nice soundtrack, good action, and the delightful death of Franke Potente's characther (who I always hated), I'm here now venting to you as my house vents upstairs.

Enough. I think it's time to roll into bed and to see how absorbent my sheets are tonight.

Tomorrow I'll be entertaining. Tonight, I'm just grouchy. So, until we meet again,

Catch ya later.

COMMENT: Per JLowe, I forgot some BBQ ingredients... "Paprika and black pepper were also used in the marinade. Very important. The spice is the life."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.