9.09.2004

Catching up

So, how are you doing?

I'm alright, thanks for asking.

Had a busy long weekend. As you may have read, my friend Joe D. came to town.

But before that, my old friend Crime-Dog Kerry showed up.

Back in the day, down in Salem, I hung out with a pretty cool set. When I got hired as a Deputy DA down there, I knew that I would enjoy my job not only because I'd worked there as an intern, but also because several of the attorneys in my section (misdemeanors and DV) were former law school chums. So I had a good time.

Kerry started after me (by about a week, if memory serves) and we hit it off instantly. She ended up being about my favorite co-worker, and it was a little harder to say goodbye to her than most others when I left my office for my new stomping ground in Portland.

Kerry left shortly after to be a Californian, and the end of Marion County's Golden Age officially set in (I still contend that it ended when I left, but to be polite I'll just pretend her departure was the true beginning of the slide into oblivion in Salem).

Anyway, whenever Kerry makes a trip up from Salem, I try to make sure to catch her for coffee, lunch, dinner, whatever.

This time around, Kerry and Erin from the Port came out with me to the lovely Montage.

Erin from the Port is, of course, another friend from Salem. She went to law school with me (graduated a year ahead), flunked her first bar like me, and ended up in the office she interned in like me. Other than that, we are very different. She is one of those beautiful people, I'm just a plain guy. Everything she says smacks of some wittiness, I have occasional fits of comedic brilliance surrounded by a bunch of lame jokes. She's very popular in her circles, I'm very popular without really having a circle. And, as her name suggests, she hails from a sea-faring town, while I hail from the icy tundra of Minnesota.

Anywho, after supplying Crime-Dog and 'Port with many tasty food suggestions (most of which are located on the right of this page), we ended up going to the one place that Erin really wouldn't enjoy.

But it was a lovely time. I had Sea Bass, we shared Gator bits, I drank Rainier, and we had great conversation. I'm always happy to be at the Montage, so much the better when you have great friends to eat with.

After that, it was off to hang with Joe D, who flew in a couple hours after Kerry.

As expected, Joe's visit was fun. We played (too much) X-Box, we ate (too much) food, we spent (too much) money, and he left (much too) soon. Fortunately, we didn't manage to go see Harold and Kumar, which Joe still swears is the movie equivalent of Manna from Heaven.

And, God willing, I never will.

So, I'm back. Even played softball today. We won, but I won't bore you with the details, because S.Gray's not around talking about imaginary waterfowl, so really, what's the point?

No links tonight. I think I'm going to stop doing mass links at the end of long bits, because I tend to intersperse more short blurbs that are mostly link-driven. I find it difficult to fight the urge to just plop links into my blogue at the expense of writing; partially because writing takes so long and must be done during off-hours, and partially because I'm having difficulty finding things to write about.

But that's neither here nor there. I'll deal with my problems, and my faithful readers (Frodo, Crime-Dog, JLowe, and the occasional JackBog) will feign interest in my rambling.

Until my next ramble,

Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.