9.01.2004

Food Guide, and home-buyer frustrations, and what-not.

Food Guide
So, I have a friend coming into town Friday who I'm taking to dinner, and I've been given the task of finding a good place to eat.

There are many here in Portland. I've noticed that Portland has a bevy of fine dining establishments. You can get steaks, Chinese, Italian, burgers, whatever. And it's all good.

Why, then, do I spend so much time going to Red Robin? Because it's easy.

So, I'm starting to compile a list of favorite restaurants. It will be showing up on the right. Anything you see on the guide is something I love and would dare you not to try once. I have a limited time to work with, though, so you can see other greats (Stanich's, Brasserie Montmarte, Fat City Diner) later when I have more time.


Home Buying
Well, this home buying thing is dragging on. We are at the cusp of running out of time on the inspection period, and still no firm resolution on the roof issue.

We had the roof checked by an official roof inspector and they've said it's shot. So, we've forwarded that info and a bid to the seller and told him to fix it or we walk. I think he was hoping not to have to sink anymore money into the home (which is understandable) and is balking at fixing the roof with no financial help from us (which is also understandable, given he's not getting the full asking price) and is uncomfortable with where the situation has left him. However, I continue to persist that he's getting a pretty good deal from us (the house is a little small for what we're paying) and any buyer is going to require the roof to be done if they are getting a loan on the home, so it is good business sense just to get it done and move on with life.

We'll see how this shakes out. As insurance, The Missus and I are again combing the listings for nuggets.

What-not
Apparently there is a burgeoning population of lawyers (especially criminal law practitioners) who blog. I've started to post what I've found on the right. Although you may get the occasional musing from me on my work, I choose not to be defined by where I work, but more by what I like or don't like, so unless something really moves me, you won't be getting much prosecutor talk here.

Catch ya later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.