9.12.2004

I'm an idiot.

So, today, I was driving The Missus to 24 Hour Fitness for her session with her personal trainer, and I was planning to work out while I waited for her.

My wife and I benefit from a low monthly price thanks to knowing an employee at the Beaverton 24 Hour Fitness. What that means to me is that I regularly make trips to the 24 Hour in Hollywood or at Mall 205 as my workday allows.

What that means to my wife is that she goes every few months when I threaten to cancel her membership.

That is, until recently. After clearing up an accounting problem we were having with 2HF, my wife went to re-up her account at our friend's location (which is very out of the way), and while there got talked into buying time with a
personal trainer. Now, that's a good thing and it's a bad thing. It's good because now she has a reason to go more than twice a year. It's bad because the trainer is the only thing that will keep her there, and he costs $50 a pop. Eek.

Anyway, so I had to drive her out to B-Town, and once there I realized my gym bag felt a little light.

That'd be because I forgot my tennis shoes. And I was still in my church clothes, which don't make for quality sweating.

I looked in the back of our gas-guzzling
SUV where I used to keep a pair of old sneakers, and realized I'd chucked them because I finally had accumulated two pairs of newer sneakers and was no longer interested in wearing hole-y shoes at the gym. All that I could find were some of my wifes thongs (flip-flops in the modern vernacular) and she forbade me to wear those.

So, I rushed home to grab some shoes, but have realized by the time I get them and get back, she'll be done with her work out and I'll just have jumped on the
elliptical machine, so I thought instead I'd tell the whole world that I'm an idiot.

On another note, today I did something I never, ever do, and that is I
flipped off another driver. The other driver was a Domino's Pizza guy. The flip resulted from a rarified set of circumstances. First, I was on one of the narrow, narrow streets in my neighborhood. Second, I was waiting for two other cars to pass through the gauntlet of the narrow, narrow street as I couldn't proceed while they were in the way. Third, another car was attempting to park in a too-too-small space in front of one of the two cars as we all waited for him to clear so that they could clear the gauntlet so that I could proceed. And, finally, the Domino's guy was behind me and honked not once, but twice to encourage me to defy physics and forge ahead.

The first honk I let slide.

The second, however, sent me into a blind rage, and my rarely-seen finger poked up and saluted.

My apologies to the pizza guy. I try not to spread the venom that the rest of the world so freely shares. Next time, however, a little patience would be appreciated.

So, right about now, my wife is about 2/3 done with her workout, which means I should be off.

Remember:
  1. I'm an idiot.
  2. Flipping off other drivers is bad.
  3. Physical trainers are a mixed bag.
  4. Leave extra sneakers in your gym bag.

Catch ya later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.