9.19.2004

Oops, she did it again

Alright, that may now be one of the most over-used introductions to this story.

Not satisfied with one failed marriage in a calendar year, Britney Spears has taken the plunge again.

Really, does anyone expect this to last?

I hate to cast doubt on young love, and generally if people are going to take the plunge I'll do what I can to be supportive, but given the spate of poor decisions made by the Divine Ms. Spears (er...Mrs. Federline) in her more recent history, starting with her participation in that ode to crappiness, Crossroads (can you believe that website is still there?), continuing through her turning in her new hotness in favor of her flirtation with the old 'n' busted, cracked-out PWT look, and on to her failed marriage to her high school chum Jason Alexander, young Ms. Spears is not necessarily batting a thousand, and I don't suspect that this marriage is either meant-to-be or destined-to-succeed. I can't root for it if I don't believe in it.

That said, should make for a good celebrity divorce in about a month or so.

I'm starting a pool. Whoever guesses the right date will get a fabulous prize. Just how fabulous is determined by what my house payment hasn't devoured when the magic day comes. Place your bets below.

Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.