9.20.2004

Wow

I find John Kerry astounding.

I try to be apolitical on my blog. Yes, I put up little bits here and there, but I think I tend to poke fun at all parties, because I'm not here to prosthelatize.

But it's crazy to see Kerry flip-flop in more egregious ways all the time.

John Kerry, who a month or so ago said he would have gone to war in Iraq, now says going to war was wrong, and it would be preferable for Saddam Hussein to still be in power. Not because he liked Saddam, but because a stable dictatorship is a healthy one.

Ugh.

I'm not happy about the war. I don't like the mounting numbers of dead. I don't know that we're in a great position right now in terms of having a cohesive strategy for dealing with the Iraq situation.

That said, Saddam Hussein was a ruthless, evil bastard and this war was justified if for no other reason than removing him from power. I hope and pray that we are able to promote some stability in Iraq (not the Hussein-ish bad stability, but something more positive that won't result in a leadership gassing its own people) and exit Iraq as soon as possible. Until we do, I commend George Bush for making some tough choices, and I think removing Saddam was one choice that he was right on.

Commence the flaming, if you wish.

Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.