3.15.2005

Gotta make this quick

So, I lulled lovely Olive into leaving me alone by feeding her, which will keep her attention for the 5 short minutes it takes for her to gulp down her puppy food.

Which is fine. I doubt I have 5 minutes of typing in me right now, so this should work out great.

Wait, I've only been here 2 minutes and she's already molesting me. What happened to the food? Hmm. She's getting quick, that one. Now she's sitting on the guest bed, licking her lips and giving me that look that says "in 45 seconds, if I don't suddenly fall asleep, you are so gonna get it!"

So, the clock is ticking.

Got off my first Portland Metroblog today, as you may have noticed in my previous post. I don't really have a concept of what my body of work over there will look like. So far, most of the posts I've seen there are short, innocuous, and glib. I'd like to put more substantial reading there for the peeps.

(Now Olive's bolted off the guest bed and is dancing around the living room with some unknown small inanimate object...now she's back in here, looking at me. Gonna be walk time soon...)

Of course, I don't want to compromise my writing here with my writing there. My main goal there, I guess, is to get exposure for this blog, which is my passion. Not that I'm passionate about it. I just like writing this blog, to get the writing out of me.

Whatever, this is boring.

Not as boring as my day was, though. In my ongoing quest to assist my superiors in any way asked (yes, I'm still working on the project I thought I finished two weeks ago), I'm now charged with doing a review of state constitutions to find some with certain similarities to our own, in the hopes that there is some persuasive case law relating to the issues I've been chewing on for the better part of the last 3 weeks.

Have you ever read a constitution? Maybe you've read the Constitution. You know, the Constitution, the one that works for the whole country. Well, when you get a chance, go to your state's constitution and give it a read. Multiply that by 50, and you have my problem.

Ugh.

Of course, there's the potential for all sorts of good stuff out there that will help my superior with his legal work, and I'm bound and determined to find what I can. Not only because it looks good to be the guy that gets the job done, but also because I like doing something that someone is relying on, and impressing them with the work I do. It makes me feel good.

Which is not to say I'm getting any happier about the legal writing bit.

(I know, I'm still typing. Ollie's currently just sitting there, scheming. I know the time's almost here...)

Tomorrow will be more of the same. Probably Thursday, too. Friday, I have another project to get cracking on, and then next week will be research on the constitutional provisions I manage to locate tomorrow and Thursday.

Great fun.

Last night, went to Tara Thai with the Little Dutch Boy and the JLowe family. Very good, but I still prefer Sweet Basil, for what my opinion's worth. Tara Thai won't be getting on my best of Portland list, but if you're in Northwest and jonesing for Thai food, it's certainly worth stopping by.

(She's losing her patience. I can see it...)

So, how 'bout those Blazers? Man, there's a whole mess I could write about for at least 25 minutes straight. Where to begin? Zach Randolph's knee? Van Exel's moping?

(Oh, no, here she comes....."NOOOOOO! AAAAAAAAHHH!")

[END OF TRANSMISSION]

1 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Hey!

I resemble that whole 'short, innocuous, and glib' remark!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.