7.04.2005

The stupid stuff that sets me off

Is it just me, or is this just plain dumb?

I don't get it Posted by Picasa

I see this every time I drove to the Fred Meyer's at 39th and Hawthorne, which has been my closest Fred Meyer's for a couple of years now, and thus demands much attention (I hate the produce at Safeway--always goes bad as soon as you get it home).

In case you couldn't tell, I took this picture of a sign belonging to an establishment widely known as "Jiffy Lube." You may have been there. I often go there myself. Not too often, just often enough.

Anyway, I noticed, as perhaps you did, that "CRAZEE" is spelled wrong. I couldn't help but wonder why.

Now, if the store were called "JiffEE Lube", it might make sense. Even "Jiffy LOOb" might explain it. Some doubling of vowels somewhere. But, no, that's not the case.

So why mis-spell "crazy," instead bastardizing it with the double-E treatment?

Ugh. I'm concerned for our future.

I'm even more concerned that something this dumb incenses me enough to inspire a post...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

maybe they didn't have a "y"

at least, they didn't use an "i"

crazi

ugh.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drive by there all the time. That whole intersection is just UGLY.

I've decided that the produce at New Seasons is way better than anything at Freddy's.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spelling it propely would have been too sane; no would get it if it read, "Emotionally and mentally disturbed Thursday!"

Plus, I know the manager there: they are nice people despite the creative spelling.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.