3.16.2005

The Google appreciation blog

Many possibly interesting Google-specific thoughts:

  • A search of my real name shows that there are more people with my name than I would have thought...
  • A search of "The Pieman" shows that my Blogger profile is 70th in popularity for the phrase, my blog is 87th, and John Hays' reference to my Mexico vacation is 5th. That last part is most curious to me...
  • A search of THE PIEMAN (no quotes) yields my blog at #5.
  • A search of PIEMAN yields me way, way back there (though, again, John's pointer to my site shows up much earlier).
  • Interesting. I still can't find my wife using Google. Does that mean she doesn't exist?
  • My phone number continues to be Google-free, which is just fine with me.
  • I love Google local, especially from my cell phone. Can't count the number of times I've needed to find a restaurant's address or phone number and, using my text messaging, have been able to get it using just the name and zip and sending them off to 46645 (spells googl, get it?)

Really, I'm just killing time here folks. I want to go to the gym, but if I leave now it will still be too busy. So, a few more minutes of surfing before I get on my way.

By the way, go to Mak's blog and harass her into explaining why Google is a person's best friend. She won't tell me, but perhaps she'll respond to peer pressure if we all pile on.

Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.