4.13.2005

And the free ride continues

Yet another free Blazers game in my future.

Tomorrow's game to be exact.

And free food and drinks as well.

How did I get so lucky? A confluence of events, including a too-full gym parking lot which sent me on my way home, my horrific dependence on local sports talk radio, and my far-too-developed Blazers knowledge that betrays my claims to not be paying any attention this year.

As I was driving home from said gym, cursing my luck at having shown up at the same time as the rest of Portland, a trivia question was posited by the folks at 1080 the Fan, Portland's sports talk station. See if you can get the right answer (correct answer posted in comments section).

Question: After Damon Stoudamire, who's played in excess of 700 minutes more than the next-highest player on the team (amounting to about 17 games more than anyone else on the team over the course of the season), which Trailblazer has played the most minutes this year?

I was the 10th caller (never happens) and had the right answer (happens even less), so tomorrow I get to sit in one of the luxury suites, free food in hand (assuming it fits in the scheme of my diet) and free game in my eyes. Pretty sweet.

My wife, of course, has right of first refusal to the tickets. Assuming she'd be exercising that right, I contacted my boys C-Mac (who's a huge Mavericks fan, despite being a Lake Oswego Mormon who's never, to my knowledge, even seen Texas) and JLowe (who is widely known as my hetero life mate). C-Mac already has tickets (I kind of expected that), but JLowe is game. My wife's currently mulling her options.

Anyway, more proof that good things happen to good people. If you're there tomorrow, look for the guy smiling big while trying to act disinterested.

Catch ya later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Answer: Ruben Patterson. Lucky guess on my part...

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrat on seeing the trailgangsters. Peace...Big Sexxxy

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.