7.04.2005

Crap (aka It's Independence Day! Join in the American Dream!)

Ugh. I just wrote a HUUUUUGE long post about the State of the Union and my general feelings on the direction of our nation.

Of course, I forgot my own rule and didn't copy the text before publishing.

Needless to say, the whole thing's gone into the ether.

I hate the internet. And I love it. What confusion.

I would just summarize what I said, but that runs the risk of not only making me sound "glib" (to borrow a word from Tom Cruise), but also may make it unclear how conflicted I am so that people might just light into me for what I've stated (or more for what I stated in a post they can't read, thus not allowing them to see the thoughts I've set forth that inform them of my angst).

In celebration of our nation, I ask you, therefore, to answer these questions, in the hopes of causing some sort of ruckus as we exercise our franchise.
  1. Political affiliation (not to be confused with how you feel about our current administration)
  2. Who you voted for last time (not to be confused with current political affiliation)
  3. In respectful and thoughtful terms, how do you feel about our current national government?
  4. In respectful and thoughtful terms, how do you feel about our current military situation?
  5. If you were president, what would be the first 3 things you would do to change things for the better?

I, of course, will wait to see your responses before answering any of these...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sloop said...

1. independent
2. Sam Adams
3. frustrated, jaded, hopeless, untrusting
4. see #3
5. The linens; my undies; when giving speeches I wouldn't abuse or misuse the English language.

11:24 AM  
Blogger hannahhas said...

1. Technically Republican... but I blame that on the same thing as being a Christian. I was raised that way, so I am still one... although I haven't voted that way for years.

2. Kerry.

3. I think George Bush is a fucking idiot that is ruining this country. He is a bad example of what being an American is, and is giving the world an embarrassing idea of what we as a people are like. (I do believe that is neither respectful nor thoughtful, however it is honest)

4. I am so extremely appreciative of the men and women (and their families) that are supporting us overseas. Having said that we should not be there.

5. I like Sloop's answer... but I would create a national healthcare system... no one should be in need of medical assistance due to lack of funds.
I would re-organize the welfair system.
I would run naked through the white house. they may not change things for the country for the better, but at least I could say that I had done it.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.