1.11.2005

Quick notes

So, my mom's "heart condition" may actually be a heart condition. She visited with her doctor today, who put her through a stress test and noticed some abnormalities in her heart function. She also reported feeling really worn-out through the test. So, she gets another test with a cardiologist next week.

On the good side, she finally heard back on her enzyme tests that there was no sign of heart attack. So, maybe my initial feeling that she may have angina was right.

Needless to say, I'm conflicted about this. I'm sad that my mom is having these issues. I'm glad because, despite the fact that my present anxiety issues are related to occasional irregular heartbeats, I can grind away on the exercise bike like nobody's business, without feeling weak or frail. So, I'm guessing I should believe the doctor who keeps telling me I'm physically fine. Now, if I could just stop being anxious...

Not quite as important, but just as noteworthy, is that I'm continuing my quest to discover Portland's best BBQ tonight. I've long been touting Big Daddy's on 30th and Hawthorne as my favorite, but I've also realized I haven't visited all the "must-try's" yet. Tonight, Campbell's, which is around 86th and Powell. They come highly recommended.

I'll report as soon as I'm able.

Catch ya later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I randomly came upon your blog and I just want you to know I'm praying for you and your mom.

-God Bless

5:45 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Thanks; I appreciate it!

Query: Is anything really "random"?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

Too funny. In one paragraph you're talking about grinding away on the exercise bike and in the next you're on a quest for BBQ! I'm the same way. I've heard good things about the Russell St. BBQ off MLK, but haven't tried it yet.

Sorry to hear that your mom may have a heart condition after. It's a good thing it was identified early though and measures can be taken to keep her in good health.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Yes.

The exercise enables the BBQ. That's why, in response to your low-fat mayo debacle, I recommended the increased walks with your s.o. The walks enable real mayo...

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.