1.06.2005

Two kinds of calls I especially hate

Late night ones, and early morning ones. Those calls that come in when noone could possibly have anything good today.

I was woken up this morning by just such a call. My mom's partner called to tell me my mom was in the ER at Good Sam with chest pains. Of course, I couldn't find the phone in time to actually pick up, so I had to listen to the voice message. "I'm trying your cell phone, too".

So I start quickly putting in my contacts, changing into some clothes I can wear, and my cell phone rings.

Damn Nokia. The thing has been acting spastic for the last two months. People will call, and on some occasions I'll be entirely unable to answer. Like this morning.

Thankfully, they tried my home number again, and I was aware enough of my surroundings to have a phone that worked nearby.

Apparently, mom was at work and started having chest pains that wouldn't go away (she complained of having some persistent chest pains a couple of weeks ago, but I'd heard nothing else of it since). The doctors had given her nitroglycerine which made the pain go away, but also dropped my mom's blood pressure to the point that she almost passed out.

Ugh.

She was able to tell me, as an interesting trivia note, that they had wheeled her into the same ER bed my dad died in. Nice to know the jinx is broken.

Anyway, they're taking her to cardiology now, and I'm going to at least swing by the hospital once they've assigned her a room. Sounds like she's okay at the moment, but throw a prayer her way. I'll let my faithful four readers know the latest tonight or something.

Catch ya later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

I hate those calls, too. Good thing your mom got to the hospital right away. I'm sure she was scared. Keep us posted.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.