1.26.2005

Vacation photos

At last.

Here's a guide to what they are. Click on the first one, and take a tour:

  1. The lagoon behind our hotel, which is the way the yacht comes in and out.
  2. A view from our room.
  3. Another view from our room.
  4. Oops, out of order. A picture of the white water at the South Point of the Island.
  5. A cruise ship in the Caribbean.
  6. A bunch of people lounging on a boat.
  7. A flock of pelicans. There were pelicans everywhere, and I was obsessed with trying to get a picture of them diving into the water.
  8. Pelican in flight.
  9. Same pelican, different direction.
  10. More people lounging on a boat. In the distance, you can see the Yucatan Peninsula.
  11. The Cancun Hotel Zone, (truly a mess) way off in the distance.
  12. Pelicans perched below the Hotel Restaurant.
  13. The hotel's infinity pool cascades into a waterfall at the bottom, which is recirculated into a fountain in the middle of the pool.
  14. Chillin' like a villain...
  15. A picture we took during the accursed time-share tour.
  16. The time-share's beach. Lousy...
  17. Grinnin' and bearin' it during the time-share time-suck
  18. A crocodile at the sad little zoo.
  19. The Missus and I enjoying the South Point sun.
  20. A bird we saw from our golf cart.
  21. Iguana near the South Point.
  22. Same iguana. Notice it's tail's missing. Reminds me of the movie "Starsky and Hutch". If you haven't seen it, save your money.
  23. The beach at the south point.
  24. More beach. Caribbean side of the island, not at the South Point. Notice how blue the water is. From the plane, you can see all shades of color, depending on where reefs are, and deeps and shallows. Amazing.
  25. More beach on the Caribbean side.
  26. Near the South Point, saw a cruise ship in the distance.
  27. This sign talks about the Mayan ruins at the South Point.
  28. The ruins.
  29. More beach.
  30. The South Point park area, from the Island's lighthouse. The area is littered with "sculptures" that mostly remind me of scrap metal that's been painted. The Mayan ruins are at the end of the trial; you can just barely make them out.
  31. Back at the hotel, looking at boats. Although it looks cloudy, we always seemed to have plenty of sun (and Cancun always seemed to be covered with clouds).
  32. Back at the South Point, where the sea was angry, my friends. Like a man trying to return his soup at the diner. Man, I love George Costanza...
  33. On our golf cart, I noticed the local town and thought I'd catch a picture of how the island's inhabitants live. Near the coastline are lots of beautiful, rich houses. In the center of the island, just south of downtown, is where the locals live in relative poverty.
  34. The anniversary dinner.
  35. No more cake. In their defense, anniversary is spelled "aniversario" in Spanish, so the missing "n" isn't a big deal.
  36. Saying goodbye to paradise from the side of the yacht.
  37. Au revoir. We shall return...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2490!!!

And I have a 9:00 AM off-site meeting! Crikey - I'm going to miss 2500!

Denise
And So It Goes

8:16 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I know if you could be 2500, you would. Really, it's the thought that counts!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

Gorgeous photos and so peaceful looking! I love the color of the water.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it - I was in a meeting and I missed it. I'm like 2502.

CRAP!

Denise
And So It Goes

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now that I am done complaining about not being #2500, the photos are great! That place is definitely what is needed in the middle of an Oregon winter.

Extreme jealousy abounds!

Denise
And So It Goes

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.