2.18.2005

Minor hitch...

So, in our eager anticipation, we went to Petco and spent $200+ on new pet stuff, ready to scoop up our dog (to be named Olive) tomorrow.

Then, after the shelter closed today, I got this e-mail:

"Do you know that she has to be fixed. If you want to take her home tomorrow you will have to fill out a Mandatory Spay/Neuter Agreement and then have her spayed at your vet at your own expense. If not she can be picked up on Monday or Tuesday at our Vet. You will need to speak to Cindy Woods when you arrive at the shelter."

Which wouldn't be so bad, but it costs about $200 to spay a dog, and we just found out that Uncle Sam will be claiming (perhaps) more than his pound of flesh this year.

This, of course, pisses me off immensely, as I've spent the whole week trying to secure our dog, and spoke to Mr. Merry at the pound today, and he didn't mention any of this foolishness.

So, this may or may not happen. Here's the official Pieman's response:

"Mr. Merry,

I'm disappointed that you've waited until after business hours to advise me that the dog is not yet spayed, especially as I've kept you advised throughout the week that, if the dog was available, I would be happy to come get her on Saturday.

My wife and I just spent over $200 on new pet supplies on the assumption that we would be getting Dobi tomorrow. Your website gives the following prices:

"ADOPTING A FRIEND
Our adoption fees are:

Unaltered Puppy: $80.00 (Includes spay/neuter surgery)
Unaltered Dog: $70.00 (Includes spay/neuter surgery)
Unaltered Cat: $65.00 (Includes spay/neuter surgery)
Altered Dog: $50.00
Altered Cat: $30.00"

This indicates to the interested party that the spaying and/or neutering is already done.

I want Dobi, but at this point the only way I can get her is if you can promise to have her available Monday, as I have that day off. If the vet cannot accomodate the spaying by Monday, we cannot adopt her unless you could hold her until the following weekend (which you've already indicated is against policy).

Please call me tomorrow at (503) 657-5309 [not my real number, of courese] so we can discuss this matter.

Thanks.

The Pieman"


Grr. So, let's hope this still works out for a (delayed) roadie. More prayers, please...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You can get spay/neuter coupons from the Oregon Humane Society. Here's the link.

Jack and Zoe were fixed at Stark and Lucy at Hayden - each for $44.

Hope that helps.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.