4.29.2005

Sorry -- I've been busy waiting

Besides which, I don't have a lot to talk about.

The Great California Road Trip of 2005 is quickly approaching. We are starting to realize how big this epic undertaking is, and we can only hope it goes well. Time to do laundry and pack my bags...

In fact, my life is currently all about waiting for stuff to happen. Waiting for my dog to get fixed so I can take her to obedience classes, waiting for the DishNetwork guy to call me back to deal with my complains, waiting for tomorrow's WalkAmerica (thanks to all of you who failed to donate to me; hopefully you had other friends to support), waiting for my road trip, waiting for various summer adventures, and (most of all) waiting to meet my baby.

Sometimes life seems to go by too fast. The trick is, during those times, you really aren't waiting for anything, so you don't notice how much time you're passing. Right now, life is going slow as I await so many great things.

Right now I'm waiting for an e-mail response from one or more of my bosses on whether I need to do a certain something about a certain case. No answer yet, so I wait on. Hopefully I hear from them soon. Once that's accomplished, I'll just wait on something new.

This is an amazing time for me. Just in the sheer number of things I find myself waiting for. I went through several months last year waiting for nothing in particular, and now, WHAM, here the waiting is...

I'll spend this weekend waiting for the week before my vacation. I'll spend my vacation waiting to get from place to place. I'll spend the last day waiting just to get home to my own bed. I'll spend the following week waiting for my next day of freedom, so I can mow my lawn. And so on.

Of course, there are so many opportunities I wait for, just to procrastinate once they arrive. Is this so I can have the pleasure of waiting for them longer? To try, somehow, to lengthen my existence through persistent anticipation?

Who knows.

Since I know you're all waiting for me to stop typing, I'll oblige you. Hope you all join me in having a lovely weekend.

Catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Oregon/Portland, speaks English and Spanish. Eye color is hazel. I am a god. I am also cynical. My interests are PS2/X-Box.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Oregon, Portland, Lawyer, Stupid Humor.